Enemy Earth and Baconhead, chromatic ammo for the label Eat Concrete. On one side there is Enemy Earth, strategically influenced by psychedelics (Cyrus Faryar's Zodiac album appears several times on Interstellar Commute); on the other Baconhead, 8-bit plunderers, dancing in catatonia, sniffing glue with Mindbender while dining on French Jam to choke off the cravings. They have a je-ne-sais-quoi of Debruit, a shiver of Captain Blood, a touch of HP Lovecraft, few lazers and 20 answers to our questions.
1. Your first musical memories?
The theme from the BBC childrens television programme 'Chock-A-Block'. It appears in my head whenever I'm in a hurry.
2. The best record you received as a present? / The worse one?
Best - Whitesnake 7” in the shape of a tombstone
Worse - the same Whitesnake 7" but no tombstone
3. The first record that you lost?
Don’t think I’ve ever lost a record. I left one on a radiator once.
4. The name of your imaginary band?
The Barbarian Firehawk Laser Sausage Quartet. They play power ballads and sex music.
5. In which environment do you like to record music?
Paul likes to stay in bed. Ben prefers to be surrounded by clutter and leopard-print fun fur.
6. What will music sound like in 50 years / 5000 years?
The future sounds a lot like 1992.
7. Who changed your life?
Mean Gene Okerlund
8. Which album should never have been made?
'The Transformed Man' by William Shatner. That was shit. William Shitner.
9. Your favourite album to have a drink?
'Break Out' by Pointer Sisters
10. Your dream collaboration?
Treguard on vocals, Edith Piaf on sampler and Macho Man Randy Savage on drums.
11. The record that freaks you out?
'Happy Atmosphere' by Russ Abbot
12. The video game you would like to play right now?
Toejam & Earl
13. The film that tickles your creativity?
Anything with dragons in. Dragons or Eddie Murphy.
14. The little-known track that everyone should have heard of?
Jurassic Pork by Data Headz
15. An album or an artist you wouldn’t want to be?
Not sure that I understand this question correctly, but I definitely wouldn't want to be a Kenny G album.
16. The cover version you would love to do?
Dopethrone by Electric Wizard
17. What influence has HP Lovecraft on the way you are producing music?
All of our music is essentially just inter-dimensional demons squirted directly out of our braintubes and into your ears.
18. The text you would like to produce a soundtrack for?
'Childrens Stories' by The Ultimate Warrior
19. Have you ever had auditory hallucinations?
I'm having one right now.
20. How would you like to die?
I would like to be disintegrated by a phaser please.
Go to Baconhead website, to their soundcloud and to their facebook.