jeudi 3 novembre 2011

Interview : Trouble Books (Keith Freund)



1. Your first musical memories?
Probably singing at my parents’ church. I don’t know, I can’t remember my memories.

2. The best record you received as a present? / The worse one?
My friends have given me a lot of their own records, CD-Rs and tapes as gifts and they’re usually incredible.

3. The first record that you lost?
I really wish I still had this tape that a friend in jr. high dubbed for me 15 years ago that had the Offspring’s “Smash” album on one side and then a bunch of weird, mysterious industrial stuff that his older brother listened to on the other.

4. The name of your imaginary band?
False Arbiter. It’s all drum machine, no other instrumentation. Still imaginary because I haven’t been able to make it work yet.

5. In which environment do you like to record music?
In our attic at home. We’ve received some very nice invitations to record in proper studios, but that just doesn’t work for us.

6. What will music sound like in 50 years / 5000 years?
Everyone will be able to easy assemble their own music and feed it directly into their genitals.

7. Which underrated album will start a new musical genre?
Whatever the next Emeralds album is.

8. Which album should never have been made?
That Girl Talk stuff.

9. Your favourite album to have a drink?
Mick Turner’s “Moth” is one of my favourite chill records. Really beautiful and the stumbling guitar will make you feel less guilty about how far gone you might be.

10. Your dream collaboration?
Feel pretty accomplished on that front.

11. The record that freaks you out?
The mysterious industrial Side B of that cassette tape I mentioned earlier.

12. The record you would like to listen to right now?
About once a month I have a really strong craving for Eleh’s “Radiant Intervals”. Got that bug now.

13. The film that tickles your creativity?
I’ve recently given up on enjoying film artistically and just think of movies the same way I think of cheap pizza – something relatively ok and easy that I can live with for a small period of time (but usually goes on for about twice as long as I want it to).

14. The little-known track that everyone should have heard of?
Field Guide to Plants & Animals – “Die White Bitch”.

15. An album or an artist you wouldn’t want to be?
Ben Folds.

16. The cover version you would love to do?
Been trying to cram a “Smoke on the Water” cover into our set somehow.

17. The mashup you would love to do?
I could go for one of those taco pizzas right now.

18. The text you would like to produce a soundtrack for?
Maybe some ASCII art code.

19. Have you ever had auditory hallucinations?
No such thing as a hallucination, it’s all real somehow.

20. How would you like to die?
Ideally, some sort of enforcement droid will rip my head off.


Song for Reinier Lucassen's Sphinx by TrblBks

Go to their website Bark and Hiss and listen to their soundcloud.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire