lundi 14 juin 2010

interview : Kelpe (Kel Mckeown)



1. Your first musical memories?
I guess when I was about three, while my mum played piano I was allowed to touch the bass notes and play them at the same time as her, but not the high notes as they would interfere.

2. The best record you received as a present? / The worse one?
Maybe “Hip Hop and Rapping In The House” was the first and best record I received as a present, it was the first album I ever owned in fact, and had loads of good stuff on it. The worst one is when you get something you already have, and have to take it back to the shop.

3. The first record that you lost?
As a teenager I bought the 7” single of Primal Scream’s Come Together (for a bargain price), and then lost it 5 minutes later when buying some shoes. Easy come, easy go.

4. The name of your imaginary band?
When I was a kid we had a band called The Corner Shop Boys, it was probably mostly imaginary.

5. In which environment do you like to record music?
At home, mostly.

6. What will music sound like in 50 years / 5000 years?
In 50 years, I guess my music will sound tired and old. In 5000 I don’t think there will be anyone listening to music, especially not mine.

7. Which underrated album will start a new musical genre?
Could be Cacoy - "Human Is Music

8. Which album should never have been made?
Anything by U2

9. Your favourite album to have a drink?
Luke Vibert - Big Soup

10. Your dream collaboration?
Beastie Boys (circa “Check Your Head”)

11. The record that freaks you out?
26 Mixes for Cash by Aphex Twin

12 . The record you would like to listen to right now?
Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher - I can’t find my copy

13. The film that tickles your creativity?
Being John Malkovich & Adaptation, both by Spike Jonze

14. The little-known track that everyone should have heard of?
Butter 08 - Butter Of 69 

15. An album or an artist you wouldn’t want to be?
Shakira

16. The cover version you would love to do?
The Mountain Low by Palace Music

17. The mashup you would love to do?
Here (by Pavement) + Yellow (by Coldplay) I think they are the same tune

18. The text you would like to produce a soundtrack for?
Music of Chance by Paul Auster

19. Have you ever had auditory hallucinations?
I’m not sure, I don’t know how you know if they are real or not.

20. How would you like to die?
Falling from the white cliffs of Dover.


After Gold the new track of Kelpe



Check his website and his myspace and a fresh new mix on Musique Large's blog.

Picture by Ieva Feldmane.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire