jeudi 24 juin 2010
The 18th of June, Dennis Cooper had selected The Emeralds for his "mid-year round up of the early prime candidates for [his] year-end Best of 2010 Top Ten Lists". It's probably enough to introduce them.
1. Your first musical memories?
The first song that I recall hearing was 'Yellow Submarine' by the Beatles, I was probably three years old or so.
2. The best record you received as a present? / The worse one?
Mark and John give me all of their solo LPs and those are all excellent
3. The first record that you lost?
I'm not sure, but Mark still has my Ducktails II cassette.
4. The name of your imaginary band?
I have an imaginary band with Mark Mcguire and James Ferraro called the Undisputed Psycho Queen of Dinotopia. We have three future records we have planned out, one is called "Twisted Samurai"
5. In which environment do you like to record music?
I prefer recording in a more laid back-type of environment, but I get more work done when there is a deadline.
I would like to record in nature as opposed to the city.
6. What will music sound like in 50 years / 5000 years?
I think in the future music will be more like a 'high' or nootropic drug that you load into your brain computer, like streamlined information.
7. Which underrated album will start a new musical genre?
Plux Quba by Nuno Canavarro
8. Which album should never have been made?
Animal Collective 'Merriweather Post Pavilion'
9. Your favourite album to have a drink?
Marvin Gaye 'Here, My Dear'
10. Your dream collaboration?
Emeralds & Eno
11. The record that freaks you out?
Ilhan Mimaroglu - Face the Windmills, Turn Left
12 . The record you would like to listen to right now?
Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park to Memphis
13. The film that tickles your creativity?
Lawnmower Man by Brett Leonard
14. The little-known track that everyone should have heard of?
The Devil Has All the Best Tunes by Prefab Sprout
15. An album or an artist you wouldn’t want to be?
16. The cover version you would love to do?
Fotschi Tong by Cluster
17. The mashup you would love to do?
Raionbashi & Chubby Checker
18. The text you would like to produce a soundtrack for?
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
19. Have you ever had auditory hallucinations?
Emeralds is an auditory hallucination.
20. How would you like to die?
Spontaneous combustion might be pretty cool.
Go to The Wagon website, to their Discogs, to their Last.fm and to Dennis Cooper's mid year round up.
par Mister French à 13:53